Thursday, 26 March 2015
Google has been invented by nerds. This is the proof that they are people as well trying to be funny sometimes. You judge if the succeeded
Today we a re going to see
10 google funny hacks you should try
10. if you are really bored and want to procrastinate doing sometime while your are doing nothing this should be working for you.
Type “Do a barrel roll” in google and the image will rotate once. Pretty useless but hey, maybe you can impress someone once or twice. A small trick for a short time and not sure how many times you can do this until you are over it.
9. Zerg rush. If you type Zerg rush in google, it will cause a bunch of O’s to invade your screen and mess it pretty much. You can use this in your office when a colleague steps out to the toilet and you can have some fun when you see his face coming back to his computer. If it does not work, that means your browser has an issue
8. math geeks tools. If you type any math formulas in google, you will get graphs, calculators and all the tools that any nerd in the world can use to solve a problem. I guess studying math these days can be done so much easier than back in the day, and people with smartphones can cheat so much easier.
7.” the number of horns of a unicorn” is a sentence that despite the obvious answer, it will provide a calculator assuming that your are really stupid and cannot figure it out. If I would not know, I would definitely take offense from someone to hand me a tool to calculate how many heads do I have.
6. Atari break out. These are some magic works that will provide the search result with a game that you can play during working hours without being watched. The trick here is to clikc on the image search results rather than the web.
5. if you do not search anything but still press the “I’m feeling lucky number”, you will get all the google doodles that google has used in the past for specific events and specific countries. You need to understand that google shows differently depending where you are. A pretty useless trick, but it is worth 30 seconds of your life to indulge on the work of so many nerds.
4. if you type blink tag exactly like than, all the search results will show all the results blinking. Another useless result which does not make much sense, but hey, we are dealing with nerds, so they can find this amusing.
3. goglogo. If you type goglogo and I am feeling lucky or actually access the third party website, you enter your name and it will appear in google fonts. Another funny and simple hack that might create few eyebrows raised when you step away from your computer and someone just happens to pass by.
2. google mentalplex and you will find a page which is from actually google and it is an April’s fools day in 2000. The page is a normal google page and it works, but also tricks you into believing that of you stare in the stupid blinking circle, you can actually search by the power of mind. If you do click on it, it will send you to another page, with a red error making fun of you. Every time you try, you get a different result, so I guess you can have a few laughs for several times you try.
1. type google gravity and you will find third party webpages simulating google breaking apart and either falling or moving in a funny manner. This can be impressive for few seconds if you step away from your computer and see the reaction of someone who does not know this trick. On the same note you can find third party websites like elgoog.im which will let you play few more tricks: underwater, pac man, snake game, play guitar , and other cool tricks. You can give it a go. My favourite was the guitar, which ones is yours?
I hope you got few entertaining ideas today and you can give them a go and tell me which ones do you find funny or useful.
Doctor dynamite reporting, over.
Saturday, 21 March 2015
10. boat in the sky
This image looks like someone have played with 2 images in photo shop, as visually this does not make any sense. A boat is floating in the sky and a bunch of people do not pay any attention.
The photo was taken at Scottish Open and the distortion of the ship position is due to a optical refraction of various layers of air with different temperature and different densities. Just like in the desert the far distant objects appear floating when the weather is hot.
The visual discrepancy is distorted as well on purpose by the very selective crop, but the image was not photoshopped
9. color versus black and white Japanese photo
This is the summit of Mount Ontake in Japan and it looks like someone played with the colour in photo shop and removed all of it, except the people. The picture was taken at the summit, after the eruption of a volcano which covered completely all the surroundings with grey ash, creating a complete surreal post apocalyptic landscape. The image is very real and in fact any colour will stand out in this huge grey ocean of volcanic ash.
I would love to visit such a place as it looks so surreal and so special.
8. silver surfer
this image does not even look like a photo, but a cartoon made with colour pencils or some sort, straight from a graphic novel or a comic book.
In reality this is the work of art of a make up artist, to prove her talent and skills and it is just amazing how impressive the final outcome can create a visual impact.
If you still do not believe this is real, just check out this picture when the model opens his eyes and mouth.
7. aerial penguin landscape
This image looks like an aerial shot of the end of winter of some sort with snow melting away or dirt piling up.
However if you look closely this is a sea of penguins in a huge colony. They are marching in South Georgia and the image was taken by Andy rouse, a professional photographer .
The brown areas are in fact the baby penguins gathered together secured in groups to be looked after but the adult penguins, while some of their parents are going hunting and fishing. Basically it is like a kindergarten or a school where the youngsters are supervised.
6. City in Kazahstan
The image looks like has been tampered with, and a combination of futuristic foggy city and a nice clear sky mountain landscape. The image is in fact real and the fog you see is actually the result on intense pollution over the city. I guess they have not figured a way to use clean energy or filter their exhaust gases, but this is so bad, I believe there are literally no insects or birds in the city sky at all. I guess that is maybe a plus?
5. square waves
This image looks unreal for what we are used to believe about waves and water. This is The Isle de Rhe in France and the explanation seems to be unbelieveable. The phenomenon is called the cross sea and it is a result of two waves systems coming togather from 2 different directions,. The waves are already formed from a large distance from 2 different wind directions and they maintain their trajectory despite the air movement at the cross areas.
This is very dangerous for sailing or swimming so if you find yourself in teh few spots in the world where this phenomenon occurs, I would suggest to stay outside the water.
4. the man with a hole in the face
You would believe this is a trick of some sort just for the show or designed to shock us the viewers, but in reality this man has lost an eye a a part of his skull due to cancer. After many surgeries he was left with a cavity in his face and forced to wear a fake eye just not to freak people out . Despite his condition he saw this as an entertainment opportunity and he found himself playing in few horror movies and haunted houses around las Vegas where he makes his living.
3. Failed Cruise ship
This image looks like the high luxury crusie ship has been left on a cliff after the godly flood just like Noah’s Ark. It is just natural to assume that photo shop has played a role once the logic kicks in and you judge how high this ship is placed and there is no way water can raise that high.
In reality you are looking at a hotel built deliberately to look like this in South Korea called Sun Cruise Resort and Yacht and it is a popular tourist destination and it is a must see location if you happen to go over there. The resort gets 4 out of 5 stars for services and it looks amazing from inside
2 college roomcollage
This image looks just like a art student doing an assignment or having too much time to spare, but it is in fact the work of advertising photographer Bela Borsodi from New York
However is you study it carefully, few objects from one quadrant are continued in the others like the blue arm chair. But you need to see this from a different perspective to actually believe it.
The arrangement was designed specifically for this effect form a single point of perspective and all objects are arranges and coloured to make it achieve its desired look.
1 mustang wanted
Nothing in this picture looks real. This is just a mission impossible without Tom Cruise but with a Ukrainian man who has a youtube channel by the name of Mustang Wanted and he is an idiot trying to impress the world by going to the highest structures and filming and photographing himself for his channel without any safety harness in place.
This is really impressive if you think about it, it gave me few chills on my back just imagining how nuts this guy must be, but one thing for sure he will not die in bed.